Special Events are real community engagement opportunities where ideas are shared, creativity flourishes and volunteers get to choose their areas of interest based on availability . The atmosphere is energetic and high spirited as new and old friends work together in teams toward common goals - to make each event enjoyable, successful and memorable.
Meet the Teacher Open House
- Every year, families can look forward to an annual Meet The Teachers Open House Event in early October. It is a fundraising event with opportunities to get to learn more about Morden, meet the staff, new families and re-acquaint with old friends.
Winter Holiday Bazaar
- Our Winter Holiday Bazaar will take place in December on the same evening as the Winter Holiday Concert. This fundraiser is run by grade 7 and 8 students with support from Morden parent volunteers. Grade 7 and 8 students meet to share ideas about items to sell while parent volunteers stretch their creative arms too and arrange more items that will inspire shoppers to buy. Volunteers are needed to organize the bazaar, set up and clean up afterwards.
- Time Commitment: 3 to 6 hours depending on assignment
- Twice a year parents help cheer on and encourage our students in at least 2 fun fitness activities - the Terry Fox Run in September and the Fun Day in June. On Terry Fox Day, volunteers line up along the run route for security, directions and cheering. On Play Day, volunteers travel around the field to various stations with noise makers offering enthusiasm and supporting school spirit. The team of volunteers also buys and hands out super cool popsicles at the end of the day. The teachers and students are thrilled with the energy and attention and your own kids will enjoy having you around to show off to! Eight volunteers for each event are needed and more is even better!
- Time Commitment: Terry Fox Day (September) - 3 hours / Play Day (June) - Your Choice
Back To School Social and Movie Night
- An enjoyable evening out for the whole family under the stars re-connecting with friends and meeting new Morden families while taking in a movie, ice cream and assorted refreshments. Volunteers are needed to organize and purchase treats and drinks, set up seating, serve refreshments, act as greeters and help to clean up following the event which takes place at the end of August.
- Time Commitment: Your choice